Kent State students often say that the university gives them sense of belonging, a feeling that they fit. No matter their gender, race or ethnicity, there’s a place for everyone to find their purpose and thrive. Our strong academic programs and nationally recognized faculty help set Kent State apart and make the choice to enroll here an easy one.
- 93% of freshmen received financial assistance through scholarships, grants, loans or employment
- 200+ education abroad programs in more than 60 countries
- 400+ student organizations
Our students are comprised of individuals from across the globe. They will find that they belong here among their peers, learning from the best faculty possible.
- 37,000+ enrolled in 8-campus system
- Nearly 32,000 undergraduate students
- More than 5,500 graduate students
- 63% female students
- 37% male students
- 27,000+ Kent Campus undergraduate/graduate students
- 81.2% retention rates for first-time, full-time freshmen (Kent Campus).
- More than 9,500 degrees awarded in 2019.
- 4.7% International students from more than 98 countries
- 14.5% Kent State undergraduate minority students:
- 7.5% African-American
- 3.5% Hispanic/Latino
- 3.3% Multiracial
- 0.14% Native American or Alaskan Native
- Additional ethnicity/race data:
- 1.9% Asian
- 0.07% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- 3.2% Not reported
- 23.23 Average ACT score of 2019's freshman class.
- Mean high school cumulative GPA for 2019's freshman class is 3.45.
- 93% of freshmen received financial assistance through scholarships, grants, loans or employment.
- 85% of full-time undergraduate students receive financial assistance
- $61+ million in scholarships offered to incoming freshmen in 2018-2019.
- 13.8% New Freshman with Exploratory majors.
- In 2019-2020, $400 million in scholarships and financial aid was awarded to 31,000 students.
- 19:1 Student-to-faculty ratio (Kent Campus)
- 92% of classes have 50 students or fewer.
- More than 53% of classes have 20 or fewer students.
- Business management
- Fashion merchandising
- Criminology & justice studies
- Biological sciences
- Nursing technology
- Public health
- Early childhood education
- Library & information science
- Podiatric medicine
- Public health
- Music education
- Community mental health counseling
- User experience design
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Higher education administration & student affairs
- 6,200+ students living on the Kent Campus
- 24 residence halls
- 11 living-learning communities
- 20+ dining halls and coffee carts
- 400+ clubs and organizations
- 24 fraternities
- 11 sororities
- 1 co-educational
- 153,000 square feet of state-of-the-art fitness amenities at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- More than 70 machines in the 7,000-square-foot fitness facility newly opened in 2017: Tri-Rec
- Flashfleet has grown to 180 bikes, available to rent for students around campus and the city of Kent
- Riders of all abilities are able to take advantage of Kent State University’s new bike-share system provided by VeoRide, a micro-mobility share company.
- The dockless system is the first multimodal system of its kind in the nation, comprised of 100 pedal bikes, 68 e-bikes, 10 fat-tire bikes and two ADA-compliant handcycles.